Ensure floor is acclimatized to its end-use environment, well sanded, dry and free from sanding
dust, wax and other contamination. Allow product to reach room temperature before use.
Optimal application conditions are between 20-25C and 30-50% relative air humidity. High
temperatures and low humidity shorten drying time, low temperatures and high humidity
lengthen drying time. Minimum temperature for use is 16C. Use rubber gloves, safety goggles
and disposable booties during application.
The sanding and the wood’s properties have an influence on the final colour. The colour
should only be evaluated after the final finish. Marks, colour differences, uneven colouring,
etc. is not the fault of the product but are the responsibility of the user! If unsure then make a
test including the staining and finishing prior to use.
Tip: For a more intense and uniform colouration, the wood can be water popped prior to
applying oil. Sand and clean the floor. Apply water thinly over the surface with a sponge or
short-haired roller. Allow the surface to dry overnight before applying oil.
Option. 1 – Moderate/High wear
Bona Craft Oil 2K
Option 2 – Heavy Commercial Wear
1x Bona Craft Oil 2K
2x Bona Traffic
If the floor has large or many unfilled gaps then pour the mixed oil into a tray and apply from
the tray using a roller. Gap-free floors are quickly and easily treated with a Bona Oil Squeegee
or a stainless steel trowel.
1. Using a hammer, drive an awl or screwdriver through the top and bottom of the upper
container and allow the content to run into the bottom container (min. 1 minute).
Remove the upper container and mix the content thoroughly.
2. Apply and distribute a thin coat of the mixed oil to the floor. On large floors work in
sections and overlap wet-on-wet.
3. Allow the wood to absorb the oil for 15-30 minutes and then buff the surface with a
buffing machine equipped with a red or beige pad.
4. Make another pass with more oil if required to ensure that absorbent areas are
5. Allow another 15-30 minutes of oil exposure before removing surplus oil with cotton
cloths fitted under a buffing machine.
6. Buff the surface with a Bona Woolpad for a flawless finish.
7. Let surface dry at least 8 hours* (coloured oil min 12h*) before resuming foot traffic.
Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
*drying time at 23C/50% RH, expect longer drying time on tropical wood species, high air humidity and at
low temperatures. The room can normally be furnished after 12-24 hours but wait approx. 1 week before
covering the surface with carpets. Allow 1-2 days drying before cleaning with wet methods.
WARNING: BONA CRAFT OIL 2K CONTAINS DRYING OILS. RISK
OF SELF-IGNITION. USED CLOTHS, RAGS AND SIMILAR SHOULD BE
PLACED IN WATER OR SEALED METAL CONTAINERS.